Sample Save the Dates
Before you order save the dates it's a good idea to get your hands on a sample so that you can get a feel for the final product (especially in regards to quality, look, and texture). The types of paper and printing processes can vary greatly between stationers—holding a sample in your hands can answer many questions you might have when considering ordering stationery on the internet. Many companies allow you to order personalized save the date samples at no cost (or a very low cost) giving you the chance to see exactly what your save the dates will look like when you order!
We've compiled a list of more than ten companies that offer samples of their save the date products. Below you'll find companies with free samples, low-cost samples, samples by special request, and no sample save the dates.
Free Save the Date Samples
The following websites offer samples of their save the dates for absolutely free:
The biggest name in wedding stationery offers two different ways to sample their save the date cards:
- Choose one of six save the date designs to create a personalized card using your own photo and wedding details. The sample is then shipped to you at no cost along with a full sample kit of curated wedding invitations from Minted. The samples are free.
- Get a sample of any save the date card from Minted by clicking the "Get a Free Sample" button on the detail page of any design. The samples won't be personalized with your information but you'll receive a physical sample that you can hold to get a sense of the print quality, size etc. Use code 10FREE when you check out to receive up to $10 worth of samples shipped at no cost to you.
You can receive up to 5 free sample save the dates that are personalized with your wedding details (including a photo if desired). The samples ship at no cost to you! Zola also offers up to 5 free samples of their wedding invitations, too.
There are two different ways Shutterfly lets you sample their products:
- Get up to 5 free personalized samples (using your wedding information). Simply personalized each design you'd like to sample. When you checkout, use the code 5WEDINVITES. The samples will be shipped to you at no charge giving you a chance to hold physical samples of your top 5 personalized choices.
- Order a free sample kit and you'll receive a curated collection of invitations, paper samples, etc. along with a 40% off coupon for your order. Note that this sample kit is not specific to save the date cards features selections from all wedding stationery categories.
You can receive three free sample save the date cards from The Knot when you use the code 3FREE. Samples aren't personalized, but ship to you at no cost giving you a chance to touch and feel the quality of their cards. Additional samples can be purchased for $2.79 each.
Enjoy 3 free save the dates shipped to you at no cost from Invitations by Dawn. Use the code MY3FREE when you check out. These samples won't be personalized with your wedding information, but in addition to your stationery samples you'll receive a printed swatch card of their entire ink color palette. Additional samples can be purchased for $0.99-$3.99 each.
There are two different ways to see samples from Magnet Street Weddings:
- You can order custom samples of their save the date cards and magnets. Simply click the "order a free sample" below any save the date design and personalize it with your wedding details. When you finish, check out with the code WED20SAMPLES and you'll receive a $20 credit that you can use to order multiple samples at no cost to you.
- Receive a sample kit that features several of Magnet Street Wedding's products. While these are not limited to save the date magnets and cards, they are a great way to get your hands on the products to know what your save the dates would look and feel like. Shipping is free.
Low-cost Save the Date Samples
The websites below offer affordable samples of their save the dates:
Zazzle allows you to order a single copy of any of their save the date designs. This gives you a chance to not only receive a personalized sample save the date (using your wedding details and photos) but you'll also get the chance to experience their customer service when it comes time to order your actual invitations. Simply browse their collection of designs and choose a quantity of "1" when ordering.
Papier allows you to customize any of their save the date templates then order samples for $1.50 each plus shipping. You'll receive the first sample free when you use the code ENDLESSLOVE. Additionally they offer a sample pack of their save the dates and invitations that can be ordered for $1.50. You'll get a sample save the date, invitation, RSVP card, place card, and more.
At Paperlust you can receive a sample pack of their invitations (7+ 1 envelope) for only $4. If you want your samples to be save the sates you'll need to explicitly tell them so they send those instead of wedding invitations. If you plan to purchase save the dates from Paperlust we recommend ordering their sample pack so you can get a sense of what the final cards will look and feel like on their luxe paper.
Ordering sample save the dates from Basic Invite is simple: $2.99 for a sample of any design. Order as many as you like—you can personalize each sample with your wedding information to get an exact proof of what you would order. Shipping is free.
Mixbook doesn't offer samples in the truest sense of the word but you can order only one card allowing you to create a personalized sample from any of their designs. Costs vary, but are typically under $3 per sample. You'll pay a small amount but get to have the flexibility of getting a sample of the exact card you're considering. Mixbook also offers a free wedding sample kit that isn't exclusively save the date cards but rather a sample of a variety of their wedding products.
Save the Date Samples By Special Request
These websites will send you samples of their save the date cards, but you'll need to contact them directly to receive the sample:
Postable doesn't allow you to easily order samples of their designs from their website. However, if you contact them directly via email and ask for a sample, they'll give you an account credit so you can send one of their save the date cards to yourself.
You won't see the option to order samples on the Paper Culture website, but if you contact their customer service representatives and send them links to the save the date cards you're interested in seeing, they will do their best to send you samples of that design or something very similar. The offer detailed instructions on how to order a sample from Paper Culture.
Save the Dates Printed but No Samples Provided
There are many companies that print save the dates but don't offer samples. Most of them offer a very low printing cost, but know that without samples you may be disappointed with the quality of the paper, printing, and packaging.
They also don't offer the ability to order a small quantity as a sample (most have a minimum of 20 cards) so there isn't a good way to test the quality of the product. As discount printers, they can potentially save you money, but without free samples you may end up wasting money if you aren't happy with the final product.
The following companies do not offer samples of their products: